You are here:
- JYJ Red Angus and YJ Farms, LLC is owned and operated by Jim and Jessica Yance.
- Jim and Jessica both have strong agricultural backgrounds growing up in rural Alabama on family farms.
- In 2006, Jim and Jessica began JYJ Red Angus seed stock operation and joined the R.A. Brown Ranch cooperator team in Throckmorton, TX.
- In 2012, Jim and Jessica began YJ Farms, LLC which consists of row crops and commercial cattle. Row crops include cotton, small grains, and forage/hay.
- Jim is the manager of the commercial cow/calf operation for Yance Farms, Inc.
- JYJ Red Angus utilizes the advanced technologies of artificial insemination, embryo transfer, and genetic testing. Jessica holds a certificate in artificial insemination.
- Jim and Jessica are the proud breeders of Redemption Y1334. Redemption’s semen can be purchased through Genex.
- In 2013, Jim and Jessica were named ALFA’s Outstanding Young Farm Family for Beef. They were featured in ALFA’s Neighbors magazine and will be candidates for Alabama’s Outstanding Young Farm Family for 2013.
- The Yance family enjoys their life on the farm with their son, Tye. They have fun growing vegetables and other plants in their garden during the spring, summer, and fall months.
- Jim has served as President of the Henry County Cattlemen's Association and Regional Vice-President of the Alabama Cattlemen's Association. Jim was a participate in the 2006 NCBA Young Cattlemen's Conference Tour. Jim currently serves on the ALFA Board of Directors for Henry County and the Alabama Beef Commodity Board.
- Jim is a distributor of Anipro supplements and minerals to promote cattle nutrition and performance.